Tuesday 26 April 2011

It has come to my attention that recently my blog has been going slightly off topic. This is not necessarily a bad thing but since the original purpose of this blog was for me to document my journey to becoming a fashion designer I should really post a bit more actually related to fashion. : s 
Let me see...well I didn't mention it at the time but I got rejected from Central Saint Martins, which is no big deal as I have my offer from Ravensbourne, which was my preferred choice anyway. I've also spent the last couple of months doing my A2 textiles coursework and today I finally finished it! We have to hand it in tomorrow and let me tell you, it will be such a RELIEF! I ended up only making the top and jacket and abandoning the trousers; it was an unnecessary amount of work and I just didn't have the time.

Also happening tomorrow is the start of my art exam. This is traditionally 3 days long but since it starts tomorrow and this Friday is the Royal Wedding (wooo!), and therefore is a public holiday, our art exam must be continued a whole 4 days later! This means if we suddenly find that 2 thirds of the way through our exam we are struggling to finish we will have 4 days longer than any other year to do parts of it at home and bring it in on the last day, and no-one will ever know! Get in! (but you didn't hear that from me...) I actually really enjoy art exams because, unlike any other exam, by the time you get to it there is nothing you can do but be prepared so in it all you do is sit, relax, listen to some music and do art. And it gives me three days off school so that in combination with Easter and all these bank holidays means I have over 3 weeks off! However that also means that the end of school FOREVER!!!! is fast approaching. : s But I'm trying not to dwell on that...

In other non-fashion but highly Musey news, this weekend my brother and I, who as you may have gathered are avid Musers, recorded a video of ourselves dancing like mad men to the outro of Micro Cuts in an effort to be included in a fan intro to "Muse: The Movie". We look silly as hell but we sent it off and the maker of the movie really liked it and hopefully we will be included! And, I need to contain myself for this part, MUSE THEMSELVES ARE VIEWING THE MOVIE!!! Aaaahh I may just die! I apologise for going all fangirl again, but when it comes to Muse, I simply can't control myself!

Lyric of the Day: "Sounds like forks on a plate" - Micro Cuts, Muse

1 comment: