Monday 7 February 2011

So it turns out I am not 100% free from maths, yet. After being blissfully unaware of what was to come I spent little just under a week, which was actually only about one maths lesson due to my interviews, enjoying free periods in place of my maths lessons. Then, the rude awakening came in the form of my maths teacher approaching me one morning before maths telling me that I still had to attend the lessons in case I failed the exam and had to re-take it. How pessimistic can you get? Well I had decided that I didn't need maths anyway for an art foundation so didn't really care if I failed. But, my inner (well maybe not-so-inner) goody-two-shoes prevailed, and the promise of EMA, and I reluctantly went to maths. How was I ever going to finish my art and textiles coursework now? However, my mini-drama didn't last long as our protesting in the maths lesson, preventing the people who didn't drop maths from learning, forced our teacher into negotiating free periods with us and I can now FINALLY say that I am free from maths.  

I heard back from Kingston the other day. I received an email which very kindly stated in capital letters on the subject of the email "Reject". How nice. I didn't even have to open the email, so considerate. This may seem like a bad loser type thing to say but I didn't even really like the place anyway. Seriously, what kind of University locks the building on the day of an open day so you can't see inside?

On the extremely bright side, I head back from Ravensbourne, my top choice, today. I was offered a place!!! Now I just need to sort out some from of transport, it is possible that I may spend at least 3 hours a day commuting, either that or pay un-holy sums of money for accommodation in central London. I think my final decision will be made after I go to the Bucks New Uni open day.

It has come to my attention that my blogs are getting a little wordy and since it is meant to be my journey to becoming a fashion designer I should really start posting some more of my work. So here is my A2 art coursework final piece (no where near finished mind you). I made it by sewing and weaving together a selection of dyed tissue paper, melted plastic bags and papier-mached newspaper which I then mono printed over. Its part of my recycling project. I have got so much more to add to it and we're technically meant to be finished the module now. Yeah. Now you see why I need all my free periods for art.

Lyric of the Day: "And I can tell just what you want, you don't want to be alone" - What You Know, Two Door Cinema Club

No comments:

Post a Comment