Wednesday 16 March 2011

Deals With The Devil

I don't know if anyone else does this or if its just me being weird, as usual. But I sometimes think to myself, "If I do this, then that will/won't happen". That probably sounds quite normal but I'm talking about things which are out of my control. A trivial example would be before receiving exam results, a more extreme case would be if someone was ill and I wanted them to get better. When I say this I don't mean "if I revise then I will get good grades". What I mean is if I perform a completely unrelated task, it could be as random as going into a certain shop, then I will get good results, or whatever it may be that I'm hoping for. I also sometimes think that if there are two different situations which can have good outcomes, in this example me getting good grades and someone getting better, then only one can happen. These thoughts seem to be completely uncontrollable; I don't actively think about it but they just pop into my mind. The thing is once they are in my mind I have to see them through. If I don't complete the certain task the guilt will drive me crazy and if there is a bad outcome I will blame myself, as silly as this may be. And that is why I call it doing deals with the devil. I hate it, I used to do it a lot but I do it a lot less now.

On a completely different topic altogether, I went to see The Wombats on Monday night. They were amazing! It was such good fun! We started off the evening one row behind the barrier, right in the middle. I had a bit of a disjointed view though as the people in front were a bit on the tall side. However, it was fine, until the second support act came on and this bunch of annoying, putting it politely, girls started pushing between me and my friends to get to the barrier. Trying to hold my ground, and thinking it would stop when they got off the stage, I managed to keep my space, but I was separated, only by one person at this stage, from my friends. I thought I'd be able to get back before The Wombats came on but then a group of guys also started pushing forward, pushing the girls even further forward, and pushing me further away from my friends.  The Wombats then came on and the situation only got worse, so I surrendered and let myself get pushed back into the crowd and into the mosh pit. This was not a wise move for me; the floor was wet, my shoes had no grip and I am not a very stable person at the best of times. Needless to say I was on the floor within seconds, but not before I dragged some random guy down with me in an attempt to stay upright. I now have a massive lump on my leg but quite frankly it's a miracle how I got back up without being stampeded to death. After that I moved more to the left where the crowd was still pretty wild, but there weren't any death traps. Thinking I'd have to spend the rest of the night alone but not wanting to spoil seeing one of my favourite bands for the first time, I danced like no one was watching for about 5 songs. Then I heard my friend call my name, I turned around, and there they were! Finally reunited, the rest of the night was amazing! They played most of my favourite songs and the supports, Team Me and Morning Parade, were actually pretty good! I would definitely see them again!

Lyric of the Day: "If you love me let me got, back to that bar in Tokyo" - Tokyo (Vampires and Wolves), The Wombats

No comments:

Post a Comment